ABS Auto is a group of Automotive Specialists starting out in 1981 as a single parts remanufacturing business in Fitzroy. By 1984 business had quickly bloomed to a point where operations, systems and the ABS brand had developed into a fully functional Franchise System.
By 1990 ABS Auto opened their first interstate stores in Tasmania, closely followed by Perth in 1994 and Adelaide 1996.
Today ABS Auto has grown to a total of 55 stores operating in every State and Territory across Australia.
ABS Auto have since re-established themselves in the market as a one stop shop for all your vehicle servicing needs ranging from minor, major and logbook services, brake and clutch, cooling system through to suspension and steering, clutch replacement and any other mechanical repairs or services that may be needed.
In May 2013 ABS Auto joined the Metcash Automotive Brands Group with household names like Autobarn and AutoPro. With the purchase in May, comes greater opportunity for growth and development to not only increase our nationwide footprint but to also become the leader in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry. Today Australian Automotive Distribution Pty Ltd trading as ABS is a fully fledged part of the group and continues to expand.
With years of experience and that personal touch we make sure you and your car always have a second home with us. The ABS Auto mission is to keep you and your family safe on the roads all year round.
At ABS Auto we believe success is all about systems System Components that drive the success of our Franchisees include:
- Site Criteria (Access, Livery, Layout)
- Site Analysis (Demographics, Traffic Flow, Visibility)
- Personal Development (Train, Monitor, Feedback)
- Brand Value (Recognition, Trust, Position)
What Drives the ABS Auto System
- Information Flow (Computer IT, Benchmarking)
- Planning (Ongoing Franchise Analysis)
- Service (Customer focus, retention and promotion)
- Quality (Setting Standards, Measurement of results, Feedback & improvement)
- People (Collective Support and Commitment)
- Nationally Promoted Brand
- National Warranty Program
- Local Area Marketing Programs
- National Media Programs & Support
- Point of Sale Material
- Web Site / Customer Booking and Feedback
- Customer Retention Program
- Co-operative Business links
- Wheel Cutaway
- Customer Service Systems and Standards
- Livery Standards
- Marketing Council Research & Training Industry Professional Support
ABS Franchise System Operations:
- Specialised Service Equipment
- ABS Auto Specialised Computer System
- Accounting & Budget Support
- Comparison Benchmarking Trade and Parts Data Base (Information & Quoting Systems)
- Group Rates
- Purchasing Rebates
- Valve overhaul
- Technical Training
- Sales & Operational Training
- Team Support and mentoring
- Staff selection and Management
- ABS Store
- Site Analysis
- Lease Advice & Negotiation