Originally established in 1986 Scan Business Brokers was acquired in 1993 by Ross Tiller a practicing Business Broker for over 30 years.
The Scan operation has developed a strong Business Broking client base in Queensland and is now recognised nationally in the field of medium size business transactions and in the corporate mergers and acquisitions arena. In addition to traditional business broking, Scan Business Brokers is also well practiced in the field of franchise marketing and brokerage.
Our people are our most important asset Business Broking is essentially a people function, and the overall 'quality' of the transaction is very much dependent on the quality of the Business Broker who provides advice and guidance to both vendors and purchasers
Consultants in the Scan Business Broking Practice possess a sound balance of practical experience, relevant qualifications, proven professionalism and providing a professional range of services with integrity. This skill level enables them to analyse and appraise a wide range of businesses from firsthand knowledge and experience of the market place, using their understanding and awareness of market values, trends and business performance parameters
Dealing with mergers, acquisitions and business valuations across a very broad spectrum of industry categories, SCAN also offers a consultation service to parties wishing to develop or improve business systems. With a disciplined but creative approach Scan understands the special needs of the smaller businesses and entrepreneurs and believes in complementing these with sound and progressive advice and guidance.
Professional business broking comprises a comprehensive range of activities, however Scan's key areas of actions can be summarised as:
- Seeking out and appraising businesses available for sale
- Building an on-going bank of good businesses for sale
- Business valuation services
- Advising and guiding individual businesses in order to optimise the sale result for the vendor
- Locating and evaluating potential purchasers for specific businesses
- Building a bank of qualified purchasers who are 'in the market'
- Coordinating the full range of procedures to effect a smooth transfer of ownership
- Assistance with sourcing any shortfall in funds when your business was established
-Good people skills and negotiating acumen guaranteed.