Our Unique Business Model
At Transworld, we have a unique business model that makes us a world leader in the commercial brokerage business. Our successful business model has allowed us to soar to new heights, helping our company become number one in the business brokerage industry in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 listing.
Here are a few reasons that makes our business model so great:
• You can work from anywhere you want and not necessarily behind a desk all day
• Incentives from referrals
• Potential for high profits due to both clients and referrals
• Ongoing franchisor support throughout the entire business’s lifespan
What we did with the Transworld Business Advisors is we combined three successful industries and income streams into the same business: franchise consulting, franchise development, and business brokerage. These are three separate industries and income streams, but there is a lot of overlap and a lot of synergy that happens with all three of these industries.
The first income stream is franchise consulting. We represent almost 300 different franchise concepts and all different industries are all different investment levels. This means that you get to work with clients looking to buy a franchise based on their:
• Investment levels
You can help match them up with the franchise that best fits their criteria. If this proves to be a successful match, you could be paid a referral fee from the franchisor ranging anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000, averaging at $15,000
The second income stream is franchise development. This would be more aimed towards clients who are not looking to buy or sell a business, but they either have a concept or an up and running business that they are looking to turn into a franchise.
Just like the first income stream, franchise development incorporates incentives for doing well. If you refer someone to our Franchise Development department, and it’s a successful match, you will be paid a referral fee of $20,000! Talk about worthy incentives.
The third income stream is Business Brokerage. If you ask people that have worked with a business broker what their experience was like, the majority would say, “not that great.” Here are a few things to watch out for when looking for a business broker:
• Brokers who are too deal oriented and don’t care about the customer as much as the deal being made
• Brokers who are looking to just get a listing on a business and burn through buyers until they find someone to buy that particular listing
• Brokers who don’t spend much time building relationships with clients or educating the buyer or seller through the process
However, at Transworld, we consider people the number one priority over getting the deal done. Creating relationships with clients is incredibly important to us and it’s one of the reasons we grew to the largest privately held business brokerage in America.
A few things we pride ourselves in with our business is:
• Teaching clients how to prepare their business for sale
• Teaching sellers what to do when they sell their business
• Helping sellers know how to value the business and knowing what their business is worth
• Teaching you how to confidentially market the business
The reason why it’s important to be confidential about marketing a business is because you don’t want employees, customers, or vendors to know your business is for sale. This reasoning is because you want to continue attracting buyers, but still maintain the confidentiality of the business. Unlike real estate, you can’t just put a listing on a house or property or put a sign out on the front lawn. Confidentiality is one thing we can’t stress enough.
The next thing we would teach you is how to qualify and work with buyers. All of these things are important with Transworld, and that’s why you will have help with you every step of the process so you’ll never be left alone in the dark.